3-Across Car Seat Installation: What You Need to Know
Need to fit three across, or just two seats side-by-side? There are a some things to know when doing so! Here's a few tips!
- Each car seat should be installed independently tight, with less than an inch of movement side-to-side and front-to-back at the belt path.
- Place forward-facing seats in a seating position with a tether anchor.
- Booster seats need more space on the buckle side to allow the child to buckle and unbuckle.
- Educate booster riders about making sure they are unbuckling their seat belt each time, and not accidentally unbuckling a harnessed seat next to them.
- Contact a local Child Passenger Safety Technician for assistance when having trouble.
Have questions? Start a chat with our Customer Support team now!